The home inspection profession is regulated in Alaska, and PHII's home inspector certification can help you get started! The program cost is
$699 $499 Holiday Sale! View Program Details. Alaska requires new home inspectors to complete several steps before applying for a home inspector license. Follow the path below to become a licensed home inspector in Alaska.
Alaska home inspectors must:
1) Pass the National Home Inspector Examination (PHII's home inspection training course fully prepares you)
2) Be registered with the Department of Community and Economic Development
3) Home inspectors must carry insurance and a bond of $5,000.
4) The department requires at least 8 hours of continuing competency activity in each licensing period.
PHII's online home inspection training and certification course meets Alaska requirements for home inspectors including regulations for trade practices and consumer protection.
Additional Steps to Advance Your Alaska Home Inspection Career
1) Join a Professional Home Inspector Association. PHII pays for your first year of membership in the North American Association of Home Inspectors (AHI). Many states also have their own home inspector associations you can join for networking opportunities.
2) Join a Multi-Inspector Company in Alaska to gain experience, or start your own business. Established home inspection companies in Alaska are always looking for new home inspectors to work for them. Businesses provide benefits, professional insurance and home inspection scheduling.
3) Register Your Own Business in Alaska and obtain general liability insurance and/or errors and omissions (E&O) insurance. Home inspector insurance policies are affordable and will protect you against career-ending lawsuits. Build your own home inspection business in Alaska and enjoy the success that follows!
PHII students have had great success passing state and national exams, and you also receive FREE continuing education credits with your enrollment! Please check the website periodically for updates about current licensing laws or call toll free (800) 983-6322
PHII's Alaska home inspection certification is approved by real estate and building commissions, and major insurance providers. PHII is also affiliated will major professional associations including ASHI, AHI, CREIA, and FABI. The home inspector certification material for Alaska is aligned with national standards of practice for home inspectors and is updated regularly. We teach Alaska students the key information that they must inspect for and include in the home inspection report.
Every lesson is concise and written in clear language that is easy to understand. Our interactive Alaska home inspection certification course is designed in-house by experienced and qualified home instructors who understand the trade and how to teach it. PHII offers the most complete, self-paced Alaska home inspection training on the market today. You receive instant online access and have an option to receive course materials that are shipped to you. Our course management system is unmatched in features and interactive technology.
You can access the Alaska home inspection training on wi-fi devices including tablets and smart phones, and the course can be completed in as little as 1-2 weeks. Unlike other online courses, there is no time limit, so you can take as much time as you need. Become an Alaska home inspector at whatever pace you set, quickly or over time. Your home inspector certification course never expires!
PHII will give you a nationally recognized home inspector certification and the credentials you need to become a successful home inspector in Alaska. Training from PHII will also help prepare you for the National Home Inspector Exam.
Free 1-YEAR AHI Membership for Alaska Home Inspector Graduates
Upon achieving home inspector certification, PHII can offer all Alaska home inspector graduates a free $289 membership in the North American Association of Home Inspectors (AHI), a national non-profit professional home inspector association.
Looking for Online Home Inspector Training Outside of Alaska?
The first step in starting your home inspector career is to understand the path to a home inspector license. The process can be simple or lengthy depending on the state or province. In some cases you can train entirely online to obtain your home inspector license or certification. In other cases you can train online and complete field training to meet home inspector requirements. Even if your location does not require a home inspector license, you still need to be properly trained and certified in order to stand out from the competition. That is where home inspector certification from PHII gives you the advantage because we go beyond the minimum training a home inspector needs so that you can hit the ground running. PHII is also there to support you along the way as you start inspecting and need help if you run into problems. Start by understanding your state or provincial requirements by clicking the links below to popular locations where PHII offers online certification opportunities.
Home Inspector License in the U.S.
Home Inspector Licence in Canada
PHII offers home inspector continuing education and numerous certifications to help you learn more, earn more and grow your home inspection business. At PHII our mission is to provide you with the best home inspector training to prepare you for a successful real estate career, along with the support you need down the road. PHII-trained home inspectors are never alone. With PHII, your home inspector training is truly at your pace. You always have access to PHII course material and support. Every online certification course comes with lifetime access.
Office Hours 8am - 8pm CST Mon-Fri, 9am - 1pm Sat. Call 605-427-2908
© Professional Home Inspection Institute (PHII). All rights reserved.