The home inspection profession is regulated in South Carolina, and PHII's home inspector certification can help you get started! Use code cybersale to save $200! View Program Details. South Carolina requires new home inspectors to complete several steps before applying for a home inspector license. Follow the path below to become a licensed home inspector in South Carolina.
PHII's South Carolina home inspection training and certification course meets all education and trade practice requirements under the South Carolina Licensure (Title 40, Chapter 59, Article 3) enacted in 1996. To become a licensed South Carolina Home Inspector you must:
(1) Complete 120-hours of South Carolina-approved home inspector education (PHII is fully approved)
(2) Pass the South Carolina Home Inspectors Exam from PSI. This exam is proctored and offered once per month.
(3) Apply online for a South Carolina home inspector license ($80 fee)
(4) Applicants will receive an exam eligibility letter with information to contact PSI to schedule the exam.
PHII's online home inspection course has been approved by the SC Residential Builders Commission to provide training for SC Home Inspectors and fully prepares you for the exam. The law requires that home inspectors submit a South Dakota Home Inspector License Application prepared by the Residential Builders Commission, submitting proof of training with the application.
Additional Steps to Advance Your South Carolina Home Inspection Career
1) Join a Professional Home Inspector Association. PHII pays for your first year of membership in the North American Association of Home Inspectors (AHI). Many states also have their own home inspector associations you can join for networking opportunities.
2) Join a Multi-Inspector Company in South Carolina to gain experience, or start your own business. Established home inspection companies in South Carolina are always looking for new home inspectors to work for them. Businesses provide benefits, professional insurance and home inspection scheduling.
3) Register Your Own Business in South Carolina and obtain general liability insurance and/or errors and omissions (E&O) insurance. Home inspector insurance policies are affordable and will protect you against career-ending lawsuits. Build your own home inspection business in South Carolina and enjoy the success that follows!
PHII's South Carolina home inspection certification is approved by real estate and building commissions, and major insurance providers. PHII is also affiliated will major professional associations including ASHI, AHI, CREIA, and FABI. The home inspector certification material for South Carolina is aligned with national standards of practice for home inspectors and is updated regularly. We teach South Carolina students the key information that they must inspect for and include in the home inspection report.
Every lesson is concise and written in clear language that is easy to understand. Our interactive South Carolina home inspection certification course is designed in-house by experienced and qualified home instructors who understand the trade and how to teach it. PHII offers the most complete, self-paced South Carolina home inspection training on the market today. You receive instant online access and have an option to receive course materials that are shipped to you. Our course management system is unmatched in features and interactive technology.
You can access the South Carolina home inspection training on wi-fi devices including tablets and smart phones, and the course can be completed in as little as 1-2 weeks. Unlike other online courses, there is no time limit, so you can take as much time as you need. Become a South Carolina home inspector at whatever pace you set, quickly or over time. Your home inspector certification course never expires!
PHII's course will give you the knowledge to perform home inspections in South Carolina and prepare you for the licensing exam. PHII also provides you with a nationally recognized home inspector certification and the credentials you need to become a successful home inspector in South Carolina.
Free 1-YEAR AHI Membership for South Carolina Home Inspector Graduates
Upon achieving home inspector certification, PHII can offer all South Carolina home inspector graduates a free $289 membership in the North American Association of Home Inspectors (AHI), a national non-profit professional home inspector association.
Looking for Online Home Inspector Training Outside of South Carolina?
The first step in starting your home inspector career is to understand the path to a home inspector license. The process can be simple or lengthy depending on the state. In some cases you can train entirely online to obtain your home inspector license or certification. In other cases you can train online and complete field training to meet home inspector requirements. Even if your location does not require a home inspector license, you still need to be properly trained and certified in order to stand out from the competition. That is where home inspector certification from PHII gives you the advantage because we go beyond the minimum training a home inspector needs so that you can hit the ground running. PHII is also there to support you along the way as you start inspecting and need help if you run into problems. Start by understanding your state requirements by clicking the links below to states where PHII offers online home inspector certification in the U.S.
Home Inspector License in the U.S.
PHII offers home inspector continuing education and numerous certifications to help you learn more, earn more and grow your home inspection business. At PHII our mission is to provide you with the best home inspector training to prepare you for a successful real estate career, along with the support you need down the road. PHII-trained home inspectors are never alone. With PHII, your home inspector training is truly at your pace. You always have access to PHII course material and support. Every online certification course comes with lifetime access.
© Professional Home Inspection Institute (PHII). All rights reserved.