The home inspection profession is regulated in Connecticut, and PHII's home inspector certification can help you get started! Use code cybersale to save $200! View Program Details. Connecticut requires new home inspectors to complete several steps before applying for a home inspector license. Follow the path below to become a licensed home inspector in Connecticut.
1) High school or its equivalent
2) Complete an approved 40-hour home inspection course (PHII is fully approved)
3) Pass the National Home Inspector Examination (PHII's home inspection training course fully prepares you)
4) Perform one hundred supervised home inspections; ten home inspections must be directly supervised by a trained, certified, Connecticut licensed home inspector.
5) Apply and pay the license fee
*Intern permit similar, but with $100 fee. Pre-licensing courses must meet a minimum of 40 hours.
Minimum 20 CEC hours for each 2 year period, *At least 3 of those hours must be in legislation.
PHII's online home inspection course is fully approved for pre-license education requirements in Connecticut.
Additional Steps to Advance Your Connecticut Home Inspection Career
1) Join a Professional Home Inspector Association. PHII pays for your first year of membership in the North American Association of Home Inspectors (AHI). Many states also have their own home inspector associations you can join for networking opportunities.
2) Join a Multi-Inspector Company in Connecticut to gain experience, or start your own business. Established home inspection companies in Connecticut are always looking for new home inspectors to work for them. Businesses provide benefits, professional insurance and home inspection scheduling.
3) Register Your Own Business in Connecticut and obtain general liability insurance and/or errors and omissions (E&O) insurance. Home inspector insurance policies are affordable and will protect you against career-ending lawsuits. Build your own home inspection business in Connecticut and enjoy the success that follows!
PHII's Connecticut home inspection certification is approved by real estate and building commissions, and major insurance providers. PHII is also affiliated will major professional associations including ASHI, AHI, CREIA, and FABI. The home inspector certification material for Connecticut is aligned with national standards of practice for home inspectors and is updated regularly. We teach Connecticut students the key information that they must inspect for and include in the home inspection report.
Every lesson is concise and written in clear language that is easy to understand. Our interactive Connecticut home inspection certification course is designed in-house by experienced and qualified home instructors who understand the trade and how to teach it. PHII offers the most complete, self-paced Connecticut home inspection training on the market today. You receive instant online access and have an option to receive course materials that are shipped to you. Our course management system is unmatched in features and interactive technology.
You can access the Connecticut home inspection training on wi-fi devices including tablets and smart phones, and the course can be completed in as little as 1-2 weeks. Unlike other online courses, there is no time limit, so you can take as much time as you need. Become a Connecticut home inspector at whatever pace you set, quickly or over time. Your home inspector certification course never expires!
Connecticut Home Inspector Licensing Board
PHII's home inspection training course has been approved for the required hours of pre-license education prescribed by the State of Connecticut's Department of Consumer Protection Home Inspection Licensing Board.
Free 1-YEAR AHI Membership for Connecticut Home Inspector Graduates
Upon achieving home inspector certification, PHII can offer all Connecticut home inspector graduates a free $289 membership in the North American Association of Home Inspectors (AHI), a national non-profit professional home inspector association.
Looking for Online Home Inspector Training Outside of Connecticut?
The first step in starting your home inspector career is to understand the path to a home inspector license. The process can be simple or lengthy depending on the state. In some cases you can train entirely online to obtain your home inspector license or certification. In other cases you can train online and complete field training to meet home inspector requirements. Even if your location does not require a home inspector license, you still need to be properly trained and certified in order to stand out from the competition. That is where home inspector certification from PHII gives you the advantage because we go beyond the minimum training a home inspector needs so that you can hit the ground running. PHII is also there to support you along the way as you start inspecting and need help if you run into problems. Start by understanding your state requirements by clicking the links below to states where PHII offers online home inspector certification in the U.S.
Home Inspector License in the U.S.
PHII offers home inspector continuing education and numerous certifications to help you learn more, earn more and grow your home inspection business. At PHII our mission is to provide you with the best home inspector training to prepare you for a successful real estate career, along with the support you need down the road. PHII-trained home inspectors are never alone. With PHII, your home inspector training is truly at your pace. You always have access to PHII course material and support. Every online certification course comes with lifetime access.
© Professional Home Inspection Institute (PHII). All rights reserved.