PHII's Online Home Inspection Training and Certification Course will give you the knowledge and skills to perform home inspections in Virginia. The Professional Home Inspection Institute is approved to provide the required 70 hours of education and field training needed for pre-licensing in VA, which began July 1, 2017. Applicants for an individual Home Inspector Certificate must meet the following requirements:
Steps to getting your VA Home Inspector License through PHII:
- Age of 18 years old.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Complete approved pre-license education.
- Pass the National Home Inspector Examination (NHIE)
- Complete a designated number of home inspections under the direct supervision of a licensed VA home inspector
- Submit evidence of having at least $250,000 of general liability insurance
(1) 35 online contact hours are obtained by completing PHII's Basic Home Inspection Course.
(2) 35 hands-on contact hours are obtained by completing PHII's field training in SD or VA.
(3) Pass the NHIE. PHII students are eligible and well-prepared to take the NHIE and obtain their home inspector license from the DPOR in VA. There are NHIE testing locations in Alexandria, Charlottesville, Falls Church, Herndon, Midlothian, Norfolk, Richmond, Roanoke, Tysonís Corner, or Virginia Beach.
(4) Complete 25 ride-along inspections with a licensed home inspector. One method is to use your free home inspector association membership to network with other inspectors.
(5) Submit the application with a copy of your training certificate, NHIE passing score report, experience verification form and $80 application fee.
PHII's training will give you the knowledge to perform home inspections in Virginia. PHII students have had great success passing state and national exams, and you also receive FREE continuing education credits with your enrollment! Please check the website periodically for updates about current licensing laws or call toll free (800) 983-6322
Virginia Home Inspector Certification
And over $1,000 in BONUSES!
$199 Free NSHI Membership!
$149 Free InspectHost Website!
$395 Free Advanced Course!
$399 Free Report Software!
All for Only $595
Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
Professional Home Inspection Institute
1533 NW 2nd St, Madison, SD 57042
Toll Free 800-983-6322
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long does the Virginia
home inspection course can be completed in 1-2 weeks based on your past level of experience. However,
you can take as much time as needed, and there are no limits on re-taking exams. The total course time for training in Virginia
is broken up into hours for course instruction, field assignments, report writing and testing. PHII's Virginia
course allows you to take your time or push yourself through quickly.
How much does the Virginia
home inspector training cost?
Professional Home Inspection Institute will teach you how to become a home inspector in Virginia
for the lowest average tuition rate in the industry. The course comes complete with all required instructional materials including 100% online access, workbook, back-up CDs, DVDs, and other materials you need to become a home inspector in Virginia
. You can view the current prices by clicking the link on this page or by calling 1-800-983-6322.
What is errors and omissions insurance?
Home inspectors in Virginia
should consider getting Errors and Omissions (E&O) insurance, which is a professional liability policy covering the policyholder for negligent acts and omissions that occur during an inspection. A good Errors and Omissions liability policy can help limit your out-of-pocket expenses if you are named in a lawsuit in Virginia
should a problem occur with a home inspection. Our coursework is approved for Virginia
home inspector errors and omissions insurance by major insurance underwriters.
Why should I choose PHII?
PHII gives Virginia
residents interactive training, experienced support, a lot of value and the most affordable tuition
in the industry. Plus we offer a satisfaction guarantee. Over the years we have successfully trained thousands
of home inspectors throughout the U.S. and Canada, including many home inspectors in Virginia. We have been there to support our students from Virginia
during and after the training. We have up-to-date Virginia home inspection course material,
and we provide a turn-key system for setting up your own home inspection business in Virginia.
Questions about course enrollment?
Call us toll-free at 800-983-6322
PHII Virginia Home Inspection School
Free 1-YEAR NSHI Membership for Virginia Graduates
All Virginia home inspector graduates receive a free 1-year membership in the National Society of Home Inspectors (NSHI), a non-profit professional home inspector association.