Menu > Environmental
> Mold Protocols
Mold Remediation Protocols Course
Fees: $299 | Hours: 16 | Type: Distance | Enroll
PMII's 16-hour, Mold Remediation Protocols
continuing education course will teach you the recommended work practices that help ensure a successful large or
small mold remediation project. In the absence of state or federal guidelines, it is up to the mold professional
to decide which protocols to follow. Most remediation companies will follow procedures from one of two respected
- The New York City Department of Health and Mental
Hygiene (DOHMH) Guidelines on Assessment and Remediation of Fungi in Indoor Environments
- The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration
Certification (IICRC) S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Mold Remediation.
PMII's Mold Remediation Protocols course summarizes,
compares and contrasts the procedures from both organizations, so that you can make an informed choice that best
suits your business. This 9-lesson course will help you gain an understanding of responsible work practices from
both organizations that include:
- Written contracts and project documentation
- How limitations and conflicts can affect a project
- Determining which party should correct moisture
- When to engage an indoor environmental professional
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and containment
- Methods of communication with affected parties
- The treatment of high value and unrestorable contents
- The use of disinfectants and gaseous biocides
- Recommended and required types of worker training
- The steps in work area preparation and containment
- The sequence of activities for HVAC remediation
As you complete each lesson,
you will use interactive flash cards and take practice quizzes that will test and verify your knowledge simultaneously
through instant computerized feedback. Your computer records the results so you can easily track your progress.
When you finish the course and pass the final exam, you will possess the knowledge and skills needed to determine
which set of protocols your mold remediation business will follow.
Course CD-ROM, Tracking via the
Internet, Online Course Access, Report Templates, Computerized Flashcards & Testing, Certificate, Toll Free
Support, Free $149 Membership in NAMRI, National Association of Mold Remediators and Inspectors.
| Hours: 16 | Type:
Distance | Enroll
30-Day Money-Back Guarantee!
Before you enroll in any home inspection school, will they
guarantee your satisfaction unconditionally a month later?
We do. That's the PHII difference!
1. Guideline vs. Standard
3. Compliance & Documentation
4. Role of the IEP
5. Remediation Principles
6. Contents Remediation
7. NYC Structural Remediation
8. S520 Structural Remediation
9. HVAC Remediation